Case StudiesAssignment Objectives: Identify and select appropriate interventions including diagnostic tests and nursing interventions. Analyze physiological and psychological responses to illness and treatment modalities
Purpose: Examine case studies related to cardiovascular disease and answer the assigned questions. This assignment should help refine your clinical/critical thinking skills.
Assignment Description: Answer the questions in the grading criteria related to each of the patients provided. Your answer must follow APA 6th edition format. Submit the answer in the assignment area of your course. These assignments are worth 60 points.
A 72 year old male patient is being seen for a hospital follow-up visit. He was discharged 1 week ago after a 3-day stay for an exacerbation of congestive heart failure. He has a history of CAD and dilated cardiomyopathy, with a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) of 0.30 (30%). You note he has been hospitalized for the same problem 3 times in the last 8 weeks. While performing his history and physical, you learn he has not been taking his diuretic as directed because it makes him go to the bathroom all the time and it disrupts his sleep. He also is not taking the prescribed beta blocker because it makes him sleepy.
a. Develop a Heart Failure Checklist that could be used in your practice to promote compliance with the evidence-based recommended treatment and management of Heart Failure.
b. Suggested topics to include: 2013 Guidelines for the Management of Heart Failure, medications, interventions, counseling, patient education, recommended follow-up intervals, referral for other services that might be needed. You may add more topics as appropriate.
c. Describe how compliance with the prescribed medical regimen might prevent exacerbations of heart failure and hospital admission/readmission.
Parameters: Mini Case Study Assignment Grading Criteria
Requirement Maximum Points Earned Points
Developed a Heart Failure Checklist to promote compliance with evidence-based treatment and management of Heart Failure. 20
Included recommended topics: 2013 Guidelines for Management of Heart Failure, medications, interventions, counseling, patient education, follow up, referrals. Other topics as appropriate. 10
Described how compliance with prescribed regimen might prevent heart failure exacerbations and hospital admission/readmission. 10
Used APA 6th edition style guidelines consistently and accurately. Submitted on time. 7
Used correct spelling and grammar 3
Assignment 1: The Effects of War and Peace on Foreign Aid
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet to research one (1) developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination of the effects that war and peace have on the distribution of foreign aid, as well as the material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 1 through 3.
Write a three to four (3-4) page research paper in which you:
1. Assess the positive and negative effects that peace and war, respectively, have on the distribution of foreign aid in the developing country that you have selected. Support your response with concrete examples of each of the results that you have cited.
2. Analyze the specific actions that the leadership of the selected country has taken, through the use of its foreign aid from donor nations and international lending institutions, to relieve the severe problems caused by warfare.
3. Discuss whether or not the extension of foreign aid has successfully reduced poverty and the incidence of warfare in the selected country. Support your response with examples.
4. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and other nonacademic websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources is at the instructor’s discretion. Resources must also be within the last seven (7) years.
When referencing the selected resources, please use the following format:
• Webtext Format:
o Name of the author. Name of title. Retrieved from website url.
Soomo. Understanding Development [Webtext]. Retrieved from http://www.webtexts.com/courses/9218-cathey.
• Lecture Format:
o Name of the Author. Name of the lecture [lecture type]. Retrieved from lecture url.
Strayer University. (2013). Understanding Development [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from /bbcswebdav/institution/SOC/300/1136/Week1/lecture/story.html.
• Internet Resources:
o Author’s Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Retrieved from website url.
Wuestewald, Eric. (2014). Portraits of people living on a dollar a day. Retrieved from http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2014/04/living-on-a-dollar-a-day-photos-renee-byer-thomas-nazario.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.