A man collapsed in a convenience store where seven other people were shopping in nearby aisles. None of these customers helped the man, with several of them stepping over him or taking pictures of him. A short while later, a new customer named Braden enters the store and sees the man on the ground. He quickly goes to him and calls for help. What situational and personal factors explain why the earlier customers did nothing but Braden helped? In your answer, be sure to describe situational and personal factors that explain both Braden’s behavior and the behavior of the customers who did not help.
Rubric for Essay on Motivation
Essay on bystander effect
A man collapsed in a convenience store where seven other people were shopping in nearby aisles. None of these customers helped the man, with several of them stepping over him or taking pictures of him. A short while later, a new customer named Braden enters the store and sees the man on the ground. He quickly goes to him and calls for help.
What situational and personal factors explain why the earlier customers did nothing but Braden helped? In your answer, be sure to describe situational and personal factors that explain both Braden’s behavior and the behavior of the customers who did not help.
Ideas (20 points) – Response clearly describes the following:
• a narrative of a remembered event related to achieving a goal
• a description of similarities or differences in the narrative of others who also achieved a goal
• Response thoroughly and accurately describes any similarities or differences in experiences using research from motivational theory of incentives or Yerkes-Dodson law.
Organization (20 points) –
• Organization is effective and demonstrates a logical flow of ideas within the response.
• Transitions effectively connect concepts.
• May contain an effective introduction and/or conclusion.
Conventions (20 points)
• Demonstrates sophistication and skill with a wide variety of conventions.
• May contain minor editing errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, or sentence construction.
• Errors do not interfere with the reader’s understanding
Voice (20 points)
• Voice is appropriately authoritative, indicating a high level of comfort with the material.
• Words are precise and well-chosen.
• Sentences are varied and have a natural fluidity.
Focus & Coherence (20 points)
Response persuasively justifies its conclusions through logic and examples. References to people, events, places, relationships, etc. effectively demonstrate a strong command of the relevant concepts in psychology.
Case 2: Skin Discussion Topic
Sally is 17 years old and recently became bothered by a rash that is itchy, red, inflamed, and dry. She also has scaly areas that she says are getting worse. The rash is only around her umbilicus and on her elbows. Both of her parents have psoriasis, but she does not believe this is the problem because it appears different from her parents’ lesions. She lives in Florida, is under a lot of stress in high school, and just recovered from a lingering URI.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What do you anticipate the rash will look like?
2. What are the risk factors for Sally getting psoriasis?
3. What diagnostic tests might you order?
4. What does the differential diagnosis include?
5. What is the goal of therapy?
6. What would you order first?
Advanced Nursing Care
7. What follow-up or referral is needed?
8. What patient education is needed?
9. What further care should be given?
Nursing Theorist Jean Watson
Nursing Theorist Paper
Due Date: ___March 24 2014
Goal: Research and write a paper on a documented mid level nursing theory and explain how you would use that theory in your practice as a registered nurse.
Purpose: Introduce the students to the nursing theorists research process formal writing skills and entry level knowledge into using evidenced based practice.
1. Chose one of the following theorists
2. Minimum 3 pages (maximum 4 pages) Paper to include:
A. Title Page
C. Body of the paper to include:
1) Description of the theory
2) Definition of the following concepts according to theorist:
e) any other term that the theorist defines
3) Inter-relationship of the above concepts
4) Significance of the theory to nursing as a profession
5) Application of the Theory to your practice as a RN. Give a minimum of 3 examples of how you would implement this theory in your practice.
c. Reference Page (minimum of 5 maximum of 3 from electronic resources)
2) Professional journals
3) Electronic resources
3. Must be in APA format according to OWL. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/owlprint/560/
Be sure to include: running head page numbers abstract title page references cited in the text and reference page.