Type: Individual ProjectUnit: Putting it All TogetherDue Date: Tue, 5/2/17Grading Type: NumericPoints Possible: 200Points Earned: 0Deliverable Length: 7-10 pages; minimum 7 academic/professional references published in last 5 yrs Assignment ObjectivesExplain the value of market research, competitive analysis, and customer’s buying decisions and switching patterns.Assess the current position of an organization in relation to the public’s perception, competitors and potential shifts in federal, state and local policies.Plan a study to evaluate a new offering which addresses customer complaints, competitor advances, or improving marketing share.Compose a marketing plan with consideration for the various channels of communication.Differentiate between primary and secondary data, how it is derived and it value.Interpret and analyze key formulas used in statistics. Assignment DescriptionYou currently work for the development department of Sunny Manor Nursing and Rehab Center. Sunny Manor was once a privately owned small skilled nursing home in Sunny Beach, Florida until it was sold 6 years ago to a larger group of investors known for buying older nursing homes and developing them into larger more modern skilled nursing and rehab centers. Sunny Beach itself is a small retirement community close to larger beach towns. Most of the residents are 55 years or older, and there is a growing population of 70+ retired adults. However, the city is known for being technologically advanced for a retirement community. In fact, the city has a popular social media page followed by many residents and a very popular online newsletter that can be accessed through most social media programs. Also, 5 years ago, a brand new hospital opened just outside of Sunny Beach. This brought some the top physicians and surgeons in the state to the area.Sunny Manor recently finished a major renovation, updating the previous long-term-care wings and adding a new wing with 20 new rooms. The new wing is solely dedicated to sub-acute rehab services, and the facility also added a new updated therapy room with an expanded therapy staff and modern high-tech equipment.After working in care coordination and admissions for the past several years, you have been promoted to the development department and tasked with marketing the new facility. The goal is to build a stronger relationship with the discharge staff and physicians at the new hospital and expand a broader reach to the community.The first step is for you to analyze and research the changing community and develop a marketing proposal for your boss, the director of development, on how to best connect with the community of Sunny Beach and increase referrals from the new hospital.For this task, develop a summary marketing proposal on the above scenario that includes the following elements:Evaluate the potential impact of the updated facility and new therapy services on potential improvements in patient satisfaction and developing new marketing share.Assess possible methods to build rapport within Sunny Beach and surrounding communities.Develop a plan for communicating with the community better through social media by connecting Sunny Manor to the residents of Sunny Beach through digital marketing.Provide details on how ongoing research into the community will help Sunny Manor stay ahead of the competition and well connected with community. Consider concepts in monitoring the changing demographics of the community and growing health care sector.Propose a research design model including all the key elements of the research design. Apply an assessment tool and implementation plan such as the Model for Improvement (Plan-Do-Study-Act [PDSA]).Conclude with recommending models and/or tools that will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of the development teams’ efforts on an ongoing basis .The body of the resultant report should be 7–10 pages and include at least 7 relevant peer-reviewed academic or professional references published within the past 5years. For a resource guide on using This MUST BE PLAGIARISM FREE! You Must Follow ALL Instructions!
GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT 11
1) What are the current issues facing politicians concerning Medicare and Medicaid. What is Medicare and Medicaid?
2) How do you know if you can retire. What are the considerations that would prompt that decision? Can you still work even if you are receiving Social Security.
3 What is Social Security and does it provide enough money for retirement?
4) There is a suggestion that businesses/government workers should move to a 401(k) to replace Social Security. What is a 401(k) and why is this a good or negative idea?
5) What is the difference between an assisted/independent living facility and a nursing home. What are the costs associated with both
6) What type of retirement plan do you have? If you don’t what are your options
WEEK 2 TEAM ASSIGNMENT
On October 10, 2010, Mason Engineering Company completed negotiations on a contract for the purchase of new equipment. Under the terms of the agreement, the equipment may be purchased now or Mason may wait until January 10, 2011, to make the purchase. The cost of the equipment is $400,000. It will be financed by a note bearing interest at the market rate. Straight-line depreciation over a 10-year life will be used for book purposes. A double-declining balance over seven years will be used for tax purposes. (One-half year of depreciation will be taken in the year of purchase regardless of the date of purchase.)
1. Discuss the financial statement impacts of postponing the purchase of the equipment. Would the market price of the firm’s common stock be affected by any or all of these impacts? Do not assume in your discussion that the postponement will affect revenues or any operating costs other than depreciation.
2. Discuss any cash flow impacts related to postponing the purchase of the equipment. (Not more than 300 words)
3. Efficient markets assume that stockholder wealth is affected by the amount and timing of cash flows. Which alternative is more favorable to them: purchasing before year-end or waiting until January? Explain your answer.