Managing quality and risks is a major responsibility of the nurse/nurse manager in today’s health care practice. Quality improvement is a never-ending process and stresses “room for improvement”.
To better understand the concept of quality improvement, you are to examine the topic and write a paper that will meet the following objectives:
1. Increase your understanding of quality improvement
2. Be cognizant of the nurse’s role in this process.
Use the following guidelines and the grading rubric as you write your paper.
• Describe the continuous quality improvement process
• I selected the topic From the joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals of preventing residents from falling.
• Identify the primary setting for which you identified the goal (I have selected the setting of a nursing Home).
• Describe and critique a policy, procedure or system related to the safety goal you have selected. (Fall risk screening tool)
• Discuss processes that may be used to assess outcomes
• Discuss a plan to achieve the outcome
• Identify the advantages to staff, patient, and the agency of achievement of outcomes
• Describe what was learned about the CQI process
Research Paper, Nursing
Application and integration of care model/theory in clinical Practice: CHRONIC SORROW (TOPIC)
Score Grading Rubric
GROUP CONCEPT PAPER
Application and Integration of Care model/theory in Clinical Practice (40%).
All papers must be submitted through Safe Assign and must not have a match of no more than 20%. This percentage must not exceed 20%. The following penalty will be effective for all paper assignments with high Safe Assign scores: 21%-30% =1 point, 31%-40% =2 points, 41%-50% = 3 points, Over 50%, will earn the student a ZERO on that paper. This paper should be no more than 10 pages of content (Title page, references and/or appendices do not count into page limit).
1. Background: Provide a synopsis of the theory/models background. What are the main concepts or domains of the theory/model? What is the historical evolution of the theory/model? What motivated development of the theory/model? On what philosophical and ethical belief(s) and value(s) was/were the theory/model based? What strategies for knowledge development were used to formulate the model? What scholars influenced the theory/model authors thinking or development? Critique the model/theory using the framework on Alligood & Tomey p. 12-13.
2.Contribution to Nursing: What is the overall contribution of the model to the discipline of nursing? To what extent is the theory/model actually used to guide nursing practice and research? Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the theory/model for nursing practice. What theories have been generated from the theory/model?
3.Application to Research, education and clinical practice: Summarize one research study that used this model as a conceptual framework. Describe how this theory/model can impact nursing education. Describe how this theory/model could be applied in real world of clinical nursing practice (Eg. Death and dying, health policy, organizational behavior and patient care).
Application to nursing leadership: Discuss the application of the theory/model in addressing leadership outcomes and priorities in a patient care or work environment. How would the potential integration of this theory/model with useful leadership principles, ensure the improvement of patient outcomes. Include QSEN Competencies.
4.Develop a new model: Use the Fawcetts four metaparadigm concepts of person, environment, health and nursing to develop a conceptual-theoretical model that presents your belief about an important area of nursing practice. Describe the background problem or concern that you hope your new model
******* My assigned portion is ONLY #3 and #4***
The paper must include the title page, reference list, (tables, figures, appendices are optional), and must follow the 2010 APA format guidelines (6th edition).
At least five (5) researched peer-reviewed articles listed in the reference page(s) all original authors and within 5 years of publication and cited within the text. Must be in APA and cited in the body of the paper.
>5 researched, peer-reviewed articles = (-1pt)
> 5 years of publication = (-1pt)
Deduct: The following points from the total score earned in the paper for Safe Assign scores of:
21%-30% =1 point,
31%-40% =2 points,
41%-50% = 3 points,
Over 50%, will earn the student a ZERO in the paper
Not sent through Safe Assign = ZERO in the paper
Deduct: One point for every page over the 10-page limit of content.
TOTAL POINTs EARNED (Total points earned less the Safe Assign and page limit deductions)
Explain Nancy Milio’s framework for prevention using the” thinking upstream concept”. Society is the focus of change.
Worth 5 points
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS BASEd ON
Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations, TEXTBOOK 6e
XXX Discussion Board GRADING Rubric XXX
During NURS 450, each student is required to contribute to the discussion board at the times/dates listed on the course schedule. There are 5 discussions. Each discussion board is worth 5 points of the final course grade. To receive full credit, students should:
1. Contribute to the discussion board in a timely manner. There are due dates for each discussion post and response in the weekly course schedule and the Weekly Modules.
2. Late discussion contributions will not be accepted.
3. Read the instructions carefully before adding to the discussion board. Please be thorough and proof your discussion post before submitting.
4. Make sure that the discussion contribution addresses all of the factors in the discussion questions/directions.
5. Discussion contributions should reflect thought and application of theory content.
6. Complete the Discussion Board question and respond to 2 of your peers.
7. Use well-accepted professional references in your research. Be particularly careful about the use of web sites. Some are great, and others are inaccurate and deceptive. Government websites and websites from well-known sources can be excellent places to begin. There are often links to other good sources in these websites. Nursing and medical journals are good sources of information. Do not rely on your textbook alone for information. At the BSN level, you must learn to expand your use of resources into the professional literature.
8. Avoid superficial contributions when responding to another student?s contributions (required in all discussions). Make sure that the response is substantive. Do not state things such as ?I agree? as the only response. It is fine to agree, but state why and expand on the point made by the original author.
9. Use APA (6th edition) format. While the body of the contribution does not have to be formatted with a cover sheet etc., the citations should be put in APA format. Do not submit your discussion board post as an attachment.
10. Be sure to avoid plagiarism, which has been a problem for some discussion participants in on-line courses. Never cut and paste directly from a source. Learn to put the idea into your own words. Remember, even if you cite the reference, word-for-word copying is plagiarism unless it is quoted. Direct quotes should be minimal ? they are often unnecessary. Using an author?s ideas without citation is also plagiarism ? even if you don?t copy word-for-word.
11. Points for the discussion assignment range from 0 to 5 points. Partial points may be used. You will receive feedback on your discussion, including strengths and things to improve