1) Identify a specific health care policy (e.g., Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, Affordable Health Care Act, etc.) from.kaiserhealthnews.org/”>http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/ or similar websites.
2) In a flow chart, illustrate how the health care policy became law. The flow chart should include a historical timeline from the introduction of the law to its implementation. To create the flowchart, use the “Concept Mapping and Graphing Tool.” After completing the flowchart, save the document as an Acrobat PDF file.
3) In addition, develop a short narrative (500-750 words) which describes the expected effects of the health care policy on specific health outcomes.
4) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are a health care policy analyst for the local health department. You have been tasked with identifying a policy relevant to health care (e.g., obesity, smoking, asthma, etc.) from your state health department. Once identified, you are to conduct a critical analysis of the policy using the six steps of policy analysis:
1) Verify, define, and detail the problem.
2) Establish evaluation criteria.
3) Identify alternative policies.
4) Evaluate alternative policies.
5) Display and distinguish among alternative policies.
6) Monitor the implemented policy.
Present the analysis in a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides); make sure to include speaker notes.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are the nurse manager on a large unit that has 14 FTE RNs on staff, 25 FTE LPNs, and 15 FTE nursing aides, orderlies, and clerks. The schedule for the next 2 months is due in administration by next week, and you are beginning to work on it. Various requests have been submitted by personnel for vacations, educational conferences, time to attend a wedding, and long weekends, and a request from one nurse asks not to be rotated to weekend evenings or nights because her husband bowls on weekends, and she has no babysitter for their three young children. Then answer the following questions:
What types of additional information do you need to complete this schedule?
How do you honor requests as submitted? What if two of the requests for vacations came from RNs scheduled to work the same weekends, and they both asked for exactly the same days off?
How do you inform staff whether their requests have been honored? Are they informed by seeing the posted schedule?
Are requests taken in the order in which they are received? Or do you have another means of honoring requests?
Provide your responses on an APA formatted paper.
Describe your process of selecting the current trend or solution that you would like to implement within
services and delivery is an emerging area where lot of trends can be witnesses.
There are several trends that the current day health care organizations can
implement. I believe that the process of trend selection and its implementation
should be based on the future perspective and the probable revenue that could
be generated with the implementation of that particular trend. One of the most
useful trends in current day’s health care service and delivery is managed
health care services and personal nursing care. The personal nurse care has
emerged as an important trend that current day’s organizations are following.
There was a time when the roles of nurses were limited in the health care
delivery. But, with time the trend has changed to have more powerful role of
Share at least 3 of the most
useful resources that you have found for identifying current trends in the
health care management industry.
trend is usually based on the perception of people. There are various ways to
search for the trend in healthcare or any other industry. I believe that
secondary research is one of the most important ways to check and analyze the
trend. The three useful resources that were used to identify the current trends
in healthcare management industry can be discussed as:
the above resources are credible resources and one of the good things with
these resources is that authors have provided the source of all the data that
is being collected to identify and analyze the trend.
Identify at least 2 resources that
you reviewed but chose not to use.
is a good way to identify the resources but there would always be certain
resources that may not be useful. The two resources that were reviewed and not
used can be mentioned as:
Indicate how you decided what was
a good resource and what was not
must say that it is always difficult to identify and differentiate between good
and bad resources, especially when secondary research is being done. As a rule of
thumb, I can say that we should follow the resources that
provide good references and sources of data. Also, the credibility of websites
should also be checked before taking any information.