Topic 1: Nursing Philosophy and Models
Select one of the nursing theorists “Florence Nightingale: Modern Nursing” and respond to the following:
• Describe the historical background of the development of the model or framework.
• Identify the concepts in the model.
• Describe the relationship between the model and concepts in nursing’s metaparadigm…metaparadigm concepts (person, health, nursing, and environment)
• Create an example of the model applied to clinical practice.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses of the model for clinical practice.
Title: Nursing Theorists and Their Work 8th ed.
Professional Nursing Organization and Certification FormDirections: After completing your assignment, you mustcomplete this form and submit it to the Dropbox.The form is expandable and will enlarge […]
The concept of evidence-based practice is well established in numerous disciplines including psychology, social work, nursing, medicine, and public health. The concept, however, is probably more established in medicine compared to any other disciplines. There are important distinctions between evidence-based approaches in medicine and public health. In reviewing the course up to this point, identify some key differences between evidence-based medicine and evidence-based public health.
Utilize the Internet readings, and references to search, evaluate, and retrieve relevant EBPH literature to support your responses.
Respond to the following:
How is EBPH different from evidence-based medicine?
Provide reasons or evidence in support of your responses.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words.