This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO #3: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO #3)
CO #5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO #6)
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
The completed Journal Article Review file is to be submitted to the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 2. Post questions to the weekly Q & A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance.See the Course Policies regarding late assignments. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time may result in a deduction of points.
1. Download the following article from the Chamberlain library. See “Searching Databases-Tips for finding Assigned Articles.docx” from the Doc Sharing tab if you are unfamiliar with downloading articles from the library.
The APA formatted reference is below:
Fawcett, T., & Rhynas, S. (2012) Taking a patient history: The role of the nurse. Nursing Standard, 26(24), 41-46.
The elements of the reference are:
Authors: Fawcett, T., & Rhynas, S.
Title: Taking a patient history: the role of the nurse.
Journal: Nursing Standard, Volume 26, Issue 24, pages 41-46.
2. Read the article carefully and take notes. Highlight important points in the article that are helpful to you and other students.
3. Use Microsoft Word 2010 (or later) to type the paper.
4. The length of the paper is to be no longer than four (4) pages excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade.
5. APA format is required. Include a title page and a reference page. The body of the paper should have four sections with these headings:
b. Summary of the Article
c. Evaluation of the Article
6. Use scholarly writing including correct English grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
7. Submit the paper to the Journal Article Review basket in the Drop Box by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 2. Please post questions about this assignment to the weekly Q & A Forums so the entire class may view the answers.
Empowerment: Celebrating Youth
A student has approached you with a concern or problem that they have identified in his or her community or school. In order to prevent falling into the trap of solving the problem for the student, you decide to work with the student by providing empowering resources that outline how he or she can start to solve the problem themselves. Using the required resources, school or community guidelines for students, and at least two cited, scholarly sources, create an inspirational and practical how-to brochure or handout that you could provide about how to start a community initiative.
Your brochure is written for students; however, make sure at least two references, in addition to the textbook, are cited in APA format. The brochure must include a minimum of three parts provided in a tri-fold format. The brochure or handout must include a combination of text, graphics, and a listing of community resources available to the age group identified with the problem or concern.