JWMI 550 WEEK 5
Discussion | Applying Six Sigma
Please respond to the following:
Quality of products and services has an organization-wide impact, and should be a significant consideration for operations management professionals. Six Sigma enables companies to reduce defects and improve overall performance.
Select two of this week’s readings and describe your key takeaways.
Describe, at a high level, how and where a DMAIC or DMADV project has been applied, or could be applied, in your organization.
Please construct a lively academic discussion of the following question. As you do this, please remember to make effective use of textual evidence from our excerpt from Blocker’s “Human Rights” (pp. 413-422). •What, according to H. Gene Blocker, are the most important historical sources of the idea that all humans possess inalienable rights? To what extent, if at all, do you see those sources reflected in contemporary culture?
Topic: Understanding the Law, Ethics, Professional Guidelines and their Relationships to Nursing Practice
Length: 2000 words (+/- 10%) including in text referencing but not your reference list
This essay will give you the opportunity to develop your understanding of how law, ethics and professional guidelines guide nursing practice. It will allow you to reflect on the values and characteristics of professionalism in the healthcare setting. Completing this essay will also further develop your academic and information literacy skills.
Select one of the three discussion board scenarios. Identify the main issues inherent in the scenario and make appropriate recommendations to address these issues.
It is expected that your essay will address/contain the following information:
Your immediate and subsequent actions as the witnessing nurse (these actions need to be supported by literature)
An overview of the relevant sections of the Australian National Competency Standards that apply and why
The possible legal/ethical implications
The NUR 120 Learning Outcomes addressed by this assignment include:
On completion of this unit a student should be able to:
Critically reflect on the values and characteristics of professionalism that contribute to health care through collaboration, cooperation and therapeutic communication;
Articulate the key principles underlying ethical, legal and professional guidelines and codes that underpin the practice of registered nurses in Australia.
Demonstrate developing skills in academic and information literacy that provide a foundation for evidence based nursing.
Articulate and define the NMBA Competency Standards, Codes of Ethics and Codes of Practice for the Registered Nurse.
Develop a critical and reflective approach to nursing practice.
Write in the third person; avoid personal pronouns such as I and you.
Avoid long, confusing sentences and check that your tenses (past, present and future) are consistent within the same sentence.
Avoid posing questions; work the information into the paragraph.
Use plain English. It is essential your meaning is clear and that you demonstrate your understanding of the nature of the topic.
Write your essay to the marking rubric, as this is where lecturers mark from.
As you construct your essay you need to:
Use correct punctuation, spelling and syntax (sentence structure)
Paraphrase ideas from your reading/research, dont just copy them
Avoid use of direct quotations.
Ensure you use APA 6th referencing style.
As good practice, whenever you include (cite) an author in your writing, ensure you include the full reference to the text referred to, at the end of your writing task.
To find appropriate sources, use the CDU library online journal databases.
Use APA referencing guidelines can be found on the CDU Library website. Download a copy and keep it to hand so that you can refer to it regularly as you learn the skills of referencing.
The APA 6th referencing system should be used as per the referencing guidelines on the CDU Library Website
Peer reviewed journal articles are your best sources. Avoid non-refereed sources such as editorials, monthly columns or non-refereed journals.
It is useful to include your set text as a reference but otherwise keep the number of books to a minimum.
Your reference list should contain a minimum of 4 quality references that are no older than 5-8 years. This does not include Wikipedia or dictionaries.
Information gained from Internet sites varies greatly in depth and quality of content.
Internet sites must be relevant and reputable, for example, the NWBA website.
Use Times New Roman, Tahoma or Arial, 12 point font. Do not use bold type.
Use 1.5 or double spacing;
Justify left and right;
Hit enter twice between paragraphs;
Do not use headings or dot points;
Justify left and right;
Include page numbers; provide your name in the footer of the document, e.g. smith_jane-s0077363_Assign2_NUR120
Ensure you submit this assignment through SafeAssign. The Draft checking (see green menu) facility is available to you as a check regarding the quality of your paraphrasing.
Healthcare information system
WEEK 4 RESEARCH
TOPIC: Healthcare information systems (HIS)
Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice and Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.
1. You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper about the topic that you have selected.
2. Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic. Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general, and nursing care in particular. Keep in mind that APA guidelines state you are not to use the heading of �Introduction,� but you should include it at the beginning of your paper.
3. Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites. Include a minimum of three sources. Cite these in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
4. Provide two examples of your topic (one example for standardized terminology is NANDA). Describe the main features or aspects of each example with support from your sources.
5. Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving health care, or when you were providing nursing care. Relate one positive aspect of this experience. Relate one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved. Come up with any example..ill go with it
6. Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic. Predict the future for this topic. Explain how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
7. Use Microsoft Word to develop your paper. Use APA formatting. Refer to the Publication manual of the APA, 6th edition. Review the various APA documents included in this course and the Chamberlain Care Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) that can help you with your writing. Take advantage of the tutoring service, Smarthinking, which is linked under Student Resources.
8. The length of the paper should be 4�5 pages (and no more than 8) in length, excluding the title page and the reference page.