Mental health is a condition whereby the body responds physically to anxiety and depression just like it does to illnesses that are physical. Mental problems can, however, result from a physical condition of a person. Psychiatry is a form of mental health that specialises in the medical field can help in treating. Psychiatrists work in almost all areas of medicine including carrying out during GP surgeries.
NursingWritingServices.com has a team of professionals who can help you with mental health and psychiatry papers. We offer writing, editing, proofreading, and other services on a thesis, term papers, essays, research papers, and many more. Our writers are highly-trained and understand the fields of mental health and psychiatry. Get in touch with our customer care team that is available on a 24-hour basis and let us know how we can assist you score that top grade.
Our Mental and Health Writers are professionals with deep skills and understanding of the topic and can help you write any type of assignment without any plagiarism or grammar issues. For over seven years, we have helped nursing students and professionals from all over the world write and research papers on Mental Health and Psychiatry Nursing.
Perspective of nurses on the importance of mental health nursing
Psychiatric nursing has different categories and types. Starting from child psychology to age-old depressions, nurses are trained to deal with different types of patients. Read on to know about different perspectives of nurses according to different categories.
- Primary care physicians: According to many Primary care physicians in the USA, people do not put an effort to treat mental illness. Physical health is directly related to mental health. Many studies revealed that when people are mentally unhappy, their physical health is effected automatically. However, many physicians reported that the rate of mental illness is twice as high as that of other diseases. The shortage of health care providers has to lead to an increase in patients with mental illness. Their perspective is to treat both physical and mental illness equally so that people can live happily. Still, there are reports that only one-third of Americans with mental problems actually receive treatment for their conditions.
- Psychologists: According to psychologists, counseling is as essential as taking vaccines in childhood. Child psychologists feel that the mental health of a child is always vulnerable. Therefore, proper treatment is needed right from the beginning. A child should go for regular counseling, especially after joining the school. Apart from that, they also feel that many people have the wrong notion regarding people who reach out to others. Most people are of the opinion that those who go for regular counseling suffer from serious mental illness. However, the definition is something else. Counseling Relationship can be done at any point just to make sure that their mental health is perfect.
- Psychiatric nurses: According to nurses who work in this field, handling mental illness is very tough. Nurses have to go through different types of training depending on the patients they treat. Their perspective is to bring the patients back into society. There are instances when people with mental illness are often neglected and boycotted by society. If proper treatment is provided, these people can overcome the odds and lead life like normal people.
These three perspectives provide insight into the importance of mental health and its treatment. In the absence of mental health care, it will not be possible to bestow good mental health upon the patients.
Principles and Concepts of Mental Health Nursing
There are different mental health principles that psychiatric nurses and mental health nurses need to follow:
These are as follows:-
- Patients receiving mental health services should be provided assessment and treatment in the least restrictive way possible with voluntary assessment and treatment.
- Persons receiving mental health services should be provided those services with the aim of bringing about the best possible therapeutic outcomes and promoting recovery and full participation in community life.
- Patients receiving mental health services should be involved in all decisions about their assessment, treatment, and recovery. They should receive support to make or participate in those decisions and their views and preferences.
- Patients receiving mental health services should be allowed to make decisions about their assessment, treatment, and recovery that involve a lesser degree of risk.
- Patients receiving mental health services should have their rights, dignity, and autonomy respected and promoted.
The basic concept of mental health nursing is to provide proper treatment to the people who struggle to stay in the normal world. According to recent studies, an estimated one-quarter of Americans suffer from clinical mental diseases. However, most of them fear to open their mouth and talk about their illness. The basic concept of mental health nursing is to bring the people out of the thought that it is a crime to be mentally ill. There are various types of mental disorders that can be treated with the help of counseling.
The basic concept of nursing is to bring people out of every type of fear, anxiety or other disorders. There are different ways of treating people with proper counseling. Let’s have proper insight into different types of treatments to cure different mental illnesses.